|Total||Tracking 341 plants. And 14 critters.|
Located near Loch Raven Reservoir in Glen Arm Maryland. Our 1 acre property was an apple orchad in it's former glory. We are dedicated to the process in converting the land into a polyculture system of food abundance which we hope to share with the community in the near future. This website is an open system we are developing to track plants, mushrooms and even critters growing locally. Planted perennials, veggie gardens, nursery stock, experiments with growing systems, harvests and failures are captured in a wikipedia-like arrangement. We also try to list some good vegetarian recipes.
- Aquaponics Greenhouse - Brick seed starting lean converted to aquaponics greenhouse.
- Container Plants - List of plants growing in buckets.
- Hen House - The hen house is home to some distinguished ladies.
- High Tunnel - A 26' wide by 24' gothic arch hightunnel.
- Mushrooms - Wild and cultivated mushrooms.
- Apiary - Adventures in amateur beekeeping.
- House Stuff - home sweet home.
- Trips to Other Farms - Road trips to visit farm sites. We are trying to visit farms on the east coast, USA. Also intended to capture any plants obtained on visits and our luck and experience growing them.
- Yard - Top level container for plants on the property. Some more plants are tracked in geographic or themed sub-nodes.
- 11-26 - Started Lion's Mane (x4 Bags, 5lb ea) Sawdust Spawn on Oak Wood Pellets
- 11-23 - Started Grey Dove Oyster Mushroom (x2 - 5gal buckets) Grain Spawn on Straw
- 11-23 - Started Lion's Mane (x7 quart jars) Sawdust on Rye berries
- 11-20 - Mushrooms: Bag 2 of 2 pinning. Moved to new crawlspace fruiting chamber.
- 11-16 - Mushrooms: 1 of 2 bags starting to pin. Moved to fruiting chamber.
- 11-16 - Mushrooms: Second bag pinning
- 11-13 - Harvest 6.5 Lbs Green Bell Pepper
- 11-12 - Mushrooms: Second fruiting beginning
- 11-11 - Mushrooms: Pinning noted on 1/2 bags. Top of bags cut off and bags placed in basement fruiting chamber.
- 11-04 - Mushrooms:
- 11-03 - Mushrooms: Pinning now noted across entire top of substrate!! Top of bag cut off and moved into newly constructed fruiting chamber.
- 11-02 - Harvest 5 Lbs Brandywine Tomato