|Total||Tracking 322 plants. And 13 critters.|
We are a family farm situated located near Loch Raven Reservoir in Glen Arm Maryland. Our 1 acre property was an apple orchad in it's former glory. We are dedicated to the process in converting the land into a polyculture system of food abundance which we hope to share with the community in the near future. This website is an open system we are developing to track plants, mushrooms and even critters growing locally. Planted perennials, veggie gardens, nursery stock, experiments with growing systems, harvests and failures are captured in a wikipedia-like arrangement. We also try to list some good vegetarian recipes.
- Apiary - Adventures in amateur beekeeping.
- Aquaponics Greenhouse - Brick seed starting lean converted to aquaponics greenhouse.
- Container Plants - List of plants growing in buckets.
- Hen House - The hen house is home to some distinguished ladies.
- High Tunnel - A 26' wide by 24' gothic arch hightunnel.
- House Stuff - home sweet home.
- Mushrooms - Place to capture experience with wild and cultivated edible mushrooms.
Due to low labor investment and potential long term yields we are interested in Wood Mushroom Species
- Orchard Square - Fenced in area around some existing trees the deer had been feasting on. Hopefully salvage the fruit trees and plant up the in between areas.
- Timber Garden - Several beds in the middle of the property, east of Wusteria.
- Trips to Other Farms - Road trips to visit farm sites. We are trying to visit farms on the east coast, USA. Also intended to capture any plants obtained on visits and our luck and experience growing them.
- Yard - Top level container for plants on the property. Some more plants are tracked in geographic or themed sub-nodes.
- High Tunnel: Removed shade cloth.